Wednesday, January 19, 2011

A Baptism Story

Last Wednesday evening we had an impromptu baptism service after the teaching. I wanted to share with you this email that came in afterward:

For two years God has been encouraging me to be baptized. I would always say next time there is a night for baptism, I’m going to do it. Then the night would come and go and I’d make another excuse.

Last night Pastor Mark spoke on Luke 3, about John the Baptist and explained baptism in a new way which really convicted me. He explained baptism is a covenant between me and Christ to recognize what He did for me. It is like wearing a wedding ring after become married to someone. It shows a commitment.

I was one of the 25 people who was baptized last (Wednesday) night and thank God He is so faithful and loving and patient with me. I want to be obedient to everything He has for my life.

–from Susan B.